Thursday, March 1, 2007

You know that you might be in for disappointment, when early on in an epsiode of Lost, Hurley (or any other character for that matter) says something like this: "You know, we never have any fun on this island."

Fun? How many of us watch Lost to see the characters have "fun"? We watch it to see them in grave danger, or to see them encounter strange mysteries, or deal with the oddest ironies and coincidences that test our beliefs. We do not watch to see Hurley and Charlie go careening down a hill in an old hippie van while Sawyer gets drunk on old, warm beer, and Jin improves his English. (Note to readers, in January I saw Daniel Dae Kim in Zen Palate in Union Square. Handsome dude he is. And for those of you who are curious, I did not ask him what he was doing in New York City when he was supposed to be lost on an island in the Pacific.) But, I digress. Last week's episode was pretty disappointing. My favorite moment was not even during the show itself, but during one of the late commercial breaks when I got to see my friend Bones in an Olive Garden commercial. Well done, my friend, well done. You look great in purple. Thanks to Beth for pointing it out because she knew otherwise I might speed past it as I watched the episode on DVR.

Now, I am notorious for not watching previews or letting myself find out anything in advance of a new episode. But, I hear tonight's episode is going to be great. If it involves, Rousseau and Kate going to rescue Jack, I have no doubt it will be. Let's hope so.

1 comment:

Bones Rodriguez said...

Yeah- that guy "Bones" really DOES do a good job eating with a smile!
and he DOES look good in purple!
That van had better DO something; like maybe they form an "A-Team" and go around the island doling out island justice.