Monday, March 12, 2007

Sayid

Lost was much better last week, when it took a break from taking a break, and returned to the tried and true formula we "Lost" fans like so much. Here are some of the devices this episode featured that we love.

1. A potential "other" potentially posing as someone he is potentially not.
2. Sayid there on the scene to instinctively know, with 100% certainty, whether or not someone is lying. (Sayeed's gut feeling are more accurate than Captain Kirk's but somehow he had no idea that he was being led into a trap when his countryman offered him a job at his new restaurant.
3. The always powerful trifecta of John Locke, a computer, and the inevitable explosion that accompanies.
4. Guns and the seemingly endless source of ammo that is suddenly available on the island.

Anyway, the result of all this was an episode that was 1) Entertaining, 2) Advanced the plot, and 3) Seemed to leave off letting us know that Kate, Sayeed, and Locke were on their way to find Jack, who, as my favorite character needs to be found soon so I can stop worrying about him so much.

So; speaking of my favorite characters on Lost, I think it would be fun to put together my list of favorites and non-favorites. I am sure my friend Bones will disagree with my choices, because somehow we disagree on so many aspects of our favorite shows but somehow we seem to have so many shows that we love in common. Strange, isn't it Bones?

Anyway, here goes.

Favorites:

Jack, Sayid, Locke, Sun, Desmond, Ben Linus, Juliette, Sawyer, Hurley, Kate, Walt

Least Favorites: CHARLIE! (Note to producers, don't tease me by saying Charlie is destined to die and then let him linger.)

Favorite Dead Characters: Libby, Mr. Eko, Ethan, Boone

Dead Characters I Am Most Grateful are Dead: Shannon, Danny

I will expound on each of these characters in future blogs.

And one last thought to close the post.

Rest in peace Miss Clue. We hardly knew ya. And here is my poetic tribute to the latest fatality on Lost.

Miss Clue is dead,
My hunger to know her better,
Forever unfed,
To find out more of who she'd been,
Or why she made Mikhail do her in,
And the confusion from me was gushin'
Where had this woman learned to speak Russian?!
A well-placed shot right to her heart,
Ended this fine character's part.
So rest on the Island for an eternity or two,
Well never have a clue or two about you,
Miss Clue.
Who?
Kluh.

1 comment:

Bones Rodriguez said...

I'm not sure if I have favorites, but I CAN say that as soon as CLAIRE stops talking, the better. And then THIS WEEK was ALL about her- ugh.
And yes, this episode had ANOTHER dead person of color.... that makes the total.... um.... EVERYONE-

Except Sayid.