Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Little More About Me

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend and that you were lucky enough to have a three-day weekend. As promised in my first blog entry last week, I want to give you some biographical information about myself.

I live in Huntington, Long Island, the town in which I grew up. My girlfriend lives in Boston and I am planning on moving there in the near future. I graduated from Harborfields High School in 1990, Skidmore College in 1994, and CUNY Law School in 2004. Between college and law school I worked mostly in the music retail business, starting out at Sountraks, Ltd. a great small CD store in Huntington, and then working at several Virgin Megastores in Manhattan and on Long Island. Props to my friend Tim McIntosh for hiring me and getting me started on a good path there. In 2000, sensing the change that was coming in the music biz, I started to look for an alternative career path and in August of 2001 I started my first semester of law school. I graduated and (somehow) passed the New York State Bar Exam on my first try. I worked with my dad on Long Island for one and a half years, and am now a contract attorney working in Mid-town Manhattan. The commute from Huntington to Manhattan is no fun, but thanks to my sister Mary, I only have to do it a few times a week. She lives in Manhattan and I often crash with her. Saves me MAD time and money. I come from a large family. I have SIX sisters AND a brother. They are all older than I. More on them in future postings for sure. For now, know that we are all very close.

No comments: